MANUFACTURER: McCoy Surfboards, Brookvale, Sydney NSW
DESIGN: Twin fin I
DESIGNER: : Mike Eaton / Rolf Arness / Corky Carroll / David Nuuihwa, all USA
Foam blank with 1/8'' plywood stringer, Volan glassed with tint laminate on the deck.
1/2'' rail lap and double foil deck/tail patches, fin patches.
Nose: semi pin
Tail: rounded square tail
Bottom: flat, slight Vee behind the fins.
Rails: 50/50 in nose, soft low in centre, hard at pod
Rocker: flat with nose lift
Mark Warren and McCoy Twin Fin 1, 1971.
Photograph : Uncredited
Originally printed in Tracks magazine, 1971.
Nat's History, page ?
1.Nat's History 0f Surfing page 106.
1. Tracks Magazine Number 2 Summer 1970?
Twin fin articles featuring Tom Hoye at Bennett Surfboards and Terry Fitgerald at Shane Surfboards. Photographs from these articles reproduced in Nat Young's History of Surfing, page 106. See 1 above. Inexplicably these articles did not appear in The Best of Tracks (Volume 1) design section.
2. Mick Mock : "The Summer Millionaire (Shane Steadman)"
in Deep magazine, Vol 4 #4 Winter 1999 pages 50 - 61
- includes photographs
3. Phil Jarrett : "The Sultan of Speed" (Retrospective 1960 - 1999)
in The Australian Surfers Journal Vol 1 # 2 Autumn 1999 page 28 - 45.
Twin fin I page 42
4. Surfing World Magazine Vol 14 # 6
- cover shot of Terry Fitzgerald (Shane Surfboards), Mark Warren (McCoy Surfboards) and tails/fins.
1. John Severson : Pacific Vibrations USA 1971
- footage of Corky Carroll, Twin fin I/Hobie Surfboards
2. Bob Evans : Family Free 1971
- Col Smith and Mark Warren ride Twin fin I/McCoy Surfboards